This is the source for the YTechie.com developer blog. It's set up so that I can easily add/edit content, check it into GitHub, and have Azure automatically pull the source and deploy it.
This is based off the website of Erv Walter.
For more information about why I'm using DocPad as my blogging platform, read this blog post.
If you want to deploy to Azure to try it:
For a production installation, you'll want to customize the site:
- Download the source
- Run npm install in the folder
- Customize src\partials\me.html
- Replace your photo in src\files\images\Headshot-Square.jpg (100x100px)
- Customize the default page template
- Change the Google Analytics code to your own
- Change the Google Plus information to your own
- Change the feed title
- Change the meta description
- Change the twitter and github info
- Change the search site
- Change copyright
- Customize the rewrites in src\files\web.config (if using IIS, and only if needed)
Portions Copyright (c) 2013 Jason Young
Portions Copyright (c) 2013 Erv Walter
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.