Multipkg automates and versions your package builds.
Multipkg is best installed via rpms/debs built by... Multipkg.
The bootstrap process is a little primitive now, but here are the steps:
- Install your developer tools
- might be unnecessary now
- yum -y groupinstall "Development Tools"
- install YAML::Syck and makemaker
yum install perl-YAML-Syck perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
- git clone multipkg
- cd multipkg
- manually build and install your first multipkg package
PREFIX=./root PKGVERID=0 INSTALLDIR=source scripts/transform perl -I ./source/lib root/usr/bin/multipkg -t . sudo yum -y install multipkg-*rpm
- Remove the first package
- Build your final multipkg package from git
git-multipkg -b https://github.com/ytoolshed/ multipkg
- upgrade on the current host immediately so there is no confusion
sudo yum upgrade ./multipkg*rpm