Sage is helper for development environment on macOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur on intel).
- Since Sage depends on Brew. Install or update Homebrew to the latest version using brew update.
# if not installed /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" # add the next line into your ~/.bash_profile file (create if not exists) export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:$HOME/bin:$HOME/.composer/vendor/bin" # if installed brew update brew upgrade
- Download phar package from the latest release and put it in
curl -L https://github.com/ytorbyk/sage/releases/download/0.14.0/sage.phar > $HOME/bin/sage chmod +x $HOME/bin/sage
- [Optional step] Customize configuration
# It creates configuration dump ~/xSage/config.php. # You can customize and move it to ~/.sage/config.php before next step if you want. sage env:config-dump
- Install and configure required environments
# It's automatic, you will prompt to enter your password once and two times MySQL root password. # If you don't have installed MySQL before, just press enter (there is no password by default). # After installation MySQL root password is 1 (until you changed it in ~/.sage/config.php config in node mysql.password) sage env:install
- [Optional step] Install Bash completion for the application
- Ready to use
# Displays a list of supported commands with short descriptions sage list