A Brief History of Yeti
0.2.19 / 2013-03-14
- Report uncaught errors.
- Fix agentError event.
- Catch uncaught errors that occur before domready.
- Increase timeout to first ping from 2s to 60s. https://github.com/yui/yeti/pull/30
- Fix bug that would cause some tests to never run. (88f26d3, 8703aea)
- Prevent WebDriver-launched browsers from timing out during testing. (a9b7e10)
- Reduce WebDriver CLI options to
- Old options from earlier 0.2.x versions are maintained for compatibility.
0.2.18 / 2013-03-09
- Fix test timeout feature; rapid disconnects for crashed browsers
- Replace timeout feature with a test-specific timeout and a browser-response timeout.
- Browser has to keep responding or else it gets killed within 3-5 seconds.
- Each test must complete within the test-specific timeout.
- Introduce some robustness enhancements to the client-side script.
- If a browser crash happens during a test run, attempt to run that test again.
- Upgrade YUI from 3.7.3 to 3.8.1.
- Fix agentDisconnect event and unload handler.
- Use minified scripts for release.
0.2.17 / 2013-03-04
- Fix #129, amount of tests being ran are not consistent.
- Fix "Operation Aborted" error on capture page for IE.
- Fix a bug that could cause WebDriver browsers to never close.
- Fix a potential crash related to Blizzard session cleanup.
- Introduce end event for the Yeti API.
- Improved unit tests.
- Lots of internal refactoring in lib/hub.
- All internal modules export 1 thing.
0.2.16 / 2013-01-22
- Fix #126, script dependencies are included in npm package.
- Fix #131, add support for Dojo Objective Harness (DOH).
- Fix #132, inject test runner only into files in the batch.
0.2.15 / 2013-01-10
- Fix #121, ensure socket is truthy during browser setup.
- Fix #122, entity encode failure messages in XML.
- WebDriver browser launching support.
- Add iPad and PhantomJS as recognized browsers.
0.2.14 / 2012-11-21
- Fix #112, support Jasmine, Mocha frameworks. Improve QUnit support.
- Fix #109, distribute batch workload in parallel.
- Fix #110, include time attribute in JUnit output.
- Fix #113, fix
- Fix #115, Yeti CLI tests should use free ports.
- Fix #114,
--portused for making default URL.
- Fix #87, remove NFE for IE8 support.
- Feature: New instances of a browser already in a Batch can join the Batch.
- Bugfix: Prevent zombie browser errors.
- Bugfix: Do not allow more than 1 socket with the same Agent ID. (c50d476)
- Bugfix: False CLI test failure when ran offline. (a2773f8)
0.2.13 / 2012-11-01
- Fix #103, add AJAX testing routes provided by echoecho.
- Fix #108, add basic support for QUnit.
- Fix #107, new error event for non-essential 404s, omitted by the CLI.
- Fix #106, feedback line clears before test results for cleaner output.
- Fix #105, improved feedback line reporter time formatting.
- Fix #102, socketWrite crash after end().
- Fix #91, browser test driver rewrite using YUI.
0.2.12 / 2012-10-12
- Fix #11, introduce
--junitoption to output JUnit XML.
- Fix #96,
--huboption properly accepts urls and Booleans.
- Fix #98, resolved a flaky event test race condition.
- Fix #100, prevent crashes from malformed Yeti RPC calls.
- Free up RPC garbage when the other side disconnects.
0.2.11 / 2012-09-28
- Fix feedback line for Windows. Use portable line-clearing code.
- Fix CLI icons for Windows.
- Redesigned capture page.
0.2.10 / 2012-09-21
- Display LAN and Local IPs for connecting browsers.
.yeti.jsonconfiguration file when available.
- Add the
basediroption to specify the directory Yeti is allowed to serve.
- Add the
globoption to locate test files matching a pattern.
- Hub URLs without an explicit port set in the URL now correctly use port 80.
- Install unminified SockJS client script to workaround an issue in IE 10.
- Detect Chrome browser for mobile devices.
- Do not change Yeti behavior when stderr is not a TTY.
- Remove broken assertions in Yeti's RPC system (Blizzard).
0.2.9 / 2012-08-27
- Configurable query string.
- Configurable timeout.
- Provide YUI Test Coverage results.
- Prevent race condition during IE6 page navigation.
- Capture page reconnects after server comes back online.
- Reset heartbeat timer after test files are served.
- Test results print on stdout instead of stderr.
- Yeti's RPC system (Blizzard) will buffer writes if its socket is not writable.
- Improved doc landing page.
0.2.8 / 2012-08-06
- New feedback line details Yeti's status during your batch.
- Remove dependency on director, plates, and union modules.
0.2.7 / 2012-08-01
- Node.js v0.8 support.
- Return connected browsers to capture page when test batch is aborted.
- Identify browsers by pathname instead of cookies where possible.
0.2.6 / 2012-06-15
- Node.js v0.7.11 support.
- Internet Explorer 6 support.
- Android 2.3 support.
- Replace Socket.io with SockJS.
- Fix Bug #85: Submit multiple batches to a Hub at the same time.
- Ignore script errors generated by Firefox failing to load a script. (Dav Glass)
- "Agent disconnected" events & notifications. (Dav Glass)
- Windows 7 developer tools with
.\jake.bat. (Clarence Lenug)
- Fix Bug #78: HTTP 405 error sent instead of 404. (Clarence Lenug)
- Faster communication between the Yeti Hub and Client.
- Removed dependency on substack's
- Increased test coverage.
- Various small improvements.
0.2.5 / 2012-06-01
- Security: Yeti Client will only serve files to the connected Hub within the directory the Client was started in. More details: http://yeti.cx/blog/2012/06/yeti-0-2-5-released/
- Fix Bug #76 Run fixture YUI Tests offline; really no longer depend on yui.yahooapis.com at runtime.
- Fix Bug #74
- Avoid crashing Yeti on certain types of bad requests.
0.2.4 / 2012-05-18
- Fix Bug #64 Run tests where the first script tag is inside an HTML comment.
- Fix Bug #63 Run tests that try to load non-existent resources.
- Fix Bug #44 Run tests offline; no longer depend on yui.yahooapis.com.
0.2.3 / 2012-05-08
- Fix Bug #62 IE7+ does not run the test/fixture/basic.html test.
0.2.2 / 2012-04-23
- Fix Bug #59 Fix
--versioncommand line option. (Ryuichi Okumura)
- Fix Bug #60 Fix code problems reported by the linter.
- Fix Bug #61 Improve Yeti HTML documentation, include contributor information.
0.2.1 / 2012-04-11
- Fix Bug #46 Yeti Hub with attachServer cannot serve Socket.io to browsers.
- Fix Bug #53 Firefox throws a script error during testing.
- Fix Bug #36 Handle test 404s.
- Fix Bug #40 Yeti Hub exits without error when its port is in use.
- Fix Bug #52 attachServer 'route' argument is required for proper function.
- Fix Bug #54 Close API for client connection.
0.2.0 / 2012-03-07
- Rewrite. Requires Node.js v0.6.x.
- Yeti Hub (test server) can serve tests to browsers from remote machines.
- Yeti Hub can be attached to other servers.
- New documentation.
0.1.8 / 2011-10-19
- Switched to socket.io for browser communication.
- Exit on batch completion: no more Ctrl-C when done.
- IE6 and Opera compatibility fixes. (Dav Glass)
- Better browser identification. (Dav Glass)
- Workaround /undefined route. (Dav Glass)
0.1.7 / 2011-05-03
- Updated to latest Express and Connect.
- Tested with npm 1.0.
- Use nopt instead of optparse.
0.1.6 / 2011-03-29
- Replaced optparse with built-in copy of optparse, since it isn't available on npm.
0.1.5 / 2011-03-29
- Replaced optimist with optparse for CLI option parsing. Optimist didn't work with recent npm versions.
0.1.4 / 2011-02-05
- Fix for changed Node v0.3 HTTP API.
0.1.3 / 2010-12-08
--serverto start the server.
- Add usage statement.
- Windows support: Fix fatal error under Cygwin. (#9)
- Changed: Options must be "--port=8000" instead of "--port 8000".
- Upgrade Express to 1.0.0.
- Upgrade Connect to 0.5.0.
- Upgrade Jade to 0.5.7.
- Upgrade Optimist to 0.1.1.
0.1.2 / 2010-11-10
- Better fault tolerance: 404s, syntax errors, etc.
- Added some fun stats to the test runner.
- Fix missing module "jade" errors. (#5)
- Upgraded to Express 1.0.0rc4.
0.1.1 / 2010-09-29
- YUI 2.x support.
- Internet Explorer 9 now reports test results.
- UI improvements. (Dav Glass)
- CLI changes: exception handlers, bug report URL, graceful shutdown, etc.
- Fixed an issue when spaces where in the path of the test. (#2)
- Upgraded to Express 1.0.0rc3.
0.1.0 / 2010-08-25
- Report full User-agent string.
- Corrected dependency versions in package.json.
- Minor enhancements for future releases.
0.1.0rc3 / 2010-08-16
- Open source under BSD!
- Better caching of test resources.
- Prevent some IE memory leaks.
- --solo option to exit on arrival of 1 result per file, with summary.
0.1.0rc2 / 2010-08-11
- Security: Yeti now only serves from the cwd you're in or the --path directory.
- Polished the test runner page.
- Removed dependency on class.js.
- Files served in the same test run are cached.
0.1.0rc / 2010-08-05
Public release candidate.
- Added YUI favicon.
- Added additional cli tests.
0.1.0demo / 2010-08-03
- Works with any standalone HTML document.
- Added Vows test scripts.
- Broke up app.js into modules to make testing easier.
- Cleaned up inject.js, app.js and cli.js.
0.0.6 / 2010-07-23
- Server mode.
- Display failed test details.
- Added window.onerror handler.
0.0.5 / 2010-07-20
- Added --port option to override the default port 8000.
- Removed frozen dependencies from vendor directory.
0.0.4 / 2010-07-19
- Safari opens tests much more reliably. (AppleScript is no longer used.)
- Updated to Express 1.0.0beta.
0.0.3 / 2010-07-19
- Added Firefox and Chrome browsers.
0.0.2 / 2010-07-19
- First release to npm.
- Test reporting looks better.
- Multiple file support.
0.0.1 / 2010-07-17
- Published to GitHub.