SmartYouTubeTV: A YouTube client for set-top boxes and Android-based TVs:
- 4K support.
- Designed for TV screens.
- Any remote controller support.
- Login support.
- Doesn't depend on Google Services.
- Fully localized.
- Multilingual search keyboard.
- Automatic update mechanism.
- No root required!
NOTE: SmartYouTubeTV provides internal login mechanism which allows you to keep content up to date in a very convenient way.
Easy installation in less than 5 minutes with only the FireTV
Standard installation via ADB
- If you don't know how to sideload/install apps via ADB, read a tutorial (e.g. this one)
- Download latest SmartYouTubeTV APK and sideload/install with adb:
- adb install -r SmartYouTubeTV_Orig.apk
- Enjoy :)
How to change system language with only the MiTV3
The device/resolution options at start launches different playing methods (as per https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV/issues/15#issuecomment-364805950)
- 1080 Main - WebView
- 1080 Alt - XWalk
- 4K Main - Exoplayer + WebView
- 4K Alt - Exoplayer + XWalk
Also important, it's possible to select max resolution and codec (ie 1080/AVC1) via the start screen that will be applied on video loading (Codec option).
The Remember tick box acts as a configuration saving for next app launches.
If you want to support my developments you are welcome to buy me a cup of coffee :)
Reviews / Articles:
- WolfganP (README)
- javierpz (cast fix)
- TheRMaverick (German language)
- Maikell84 (misc fixes)
- foreveryoungforty (Dutch language)
- bubuleur (French language)
- otava5 (Czech language)
- WaggBR (Brazilian Portuguese language)
- itzxeon78 (Spanish language)