This repository hosts the reverse-engineered and modded firmware for the Truly Ergonomic keyboard.
Note: I am developing a new, Free and Open Source firmware and a cross-platform firmware upgrade tool. You can help by making a donation:
Features added by this mod:
- Table-based Fn and Num Lock layers, customizable independently of the main layer, for both PC and Mac layouts.
- Up to 23 different media/application launch/application control keys (limit raised from original 13).
- Media keys no longer confined to the Fn layer.
- Non-synchronized Num Lock no longer tied to the status of the LED. If you press a Num Lock-sensitive key and your OS Num Lock is off, the firmware will turn it on first and back off when you stop typing.
- Better debouncing algorithm.
- Visual web-based configurator.
- DIP switch–based key translation: Henkan→Delete, Apps→Space, Euro2→Yen.
- Non-synchronized Num Lock may be too invasive — it does not provide an easy way to press an affected key without Num Lock turning on. Meaning you can’t play games that expect you to use keypad in arrows mode.
- You cannot easily turn on MouseKeys (typically [Alt+]Shift+Num Lock). If you do inadvertently turn it on, you cannot easily turn it off. (You might work around this by configuring one of the keys as a real Num Lock.)