A collection of awesome study resources for learners of English.
Please read the contributing guidelines if you wish to contribute.
- Online Classes
- Exercises and Tests
- Online Dictionaries
Listen podcasts anytime and anywhere to improve your listening skill. Podcasts often have transcripts and them allow you to listen and read at the same time.
- All Ears English - Learn advanced conversational american english.
- ESL Podcasts - Anyone who wants to improve their english speaking and listening skills.
- Culips Podcast - Learn conversational english for everyday use by native english speakers.
- Luke’s English Podcast - Luke is qualified english language teacher and stand-up comedian who provides engaging and entertaining podcast series.
- A Way with Words - Public radio program about language examined through history, culture, and family.
- This American Life - One of the most popular podcast. Most of the stories are journalism, with an occasional comedy routine or essay.
- 6 Minute English - Learn and practise useful English language for everyday situations with the BBC.
- CNN 10 - A 10-minute digital news show that explains global news to a global audience.
The collection of podcasts about technologies.
- The CultCast - The official podcast of Cult of Mac. It's the best 30-minute Apple conversation you'll hear all week long.
- MageTalk - This is a great show with the latest news around Magento ecosystem, community and eCommerce.
- Talk Python To Me - A podcast on Python and related technologies.
Live Radio Stations
Online radio stations is one of the best and most effective ways to improve your English listening skills, while also getting accustomed to the speed and tone of native English speakers.
- NPR - National american radio with transcripts.
- Fox News Talk - News New York radio station.
- WNYC - Public radio stations located in New York City.
- BBC London - News and talks radio station from London.
- Spotlight - Spotlight is a daily 15 minute radio program for learning English.
- ESL Lab - Different levels of conversations.
- Rachel's English - Most popular american english pronunciation videos.
- Learn English with Ronnie - Funny english videos with Ronnie.
- BBC English Grammar - Short videos by BBC.
- BBC English HowTo - Useful english phrases that you can use immediately.
- Anglo-Link - Useful grammar lessons.
- Daily Dictation - Daily dictation for students who want to improve their listening comprehension skills.
- Learn English with Let's Talk - On this channel different experts will tell you how to expertise in the different consequences in daily life and in which situation what type of phrases you should use.
Live TV Channels
- ABC7 Eyewitness News - TV station licensed to Los Angeles, California.
- ABC News - ABC news TV channel.
- Bloomberg - Bloomberg business TV channel in New York.
- CBS News - CBS news is the news division of American TV and radio network CBS.
- KTLA 5 - TV station located in Los Angeles, California, United States.
TV Talk Shows
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! - Very popular american late-night talk show with famous people.
- The Wendy Williams Show - American syndicated infotainment talk show hosted by Wendy Williams.
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - American late-night talk show hosted by Jimmy Fallon on NBC.
- Late Night with Seth Meyers - American late-night talk show hosted by Seth Meyers on NBC.
- The Late Late Show with James Corden - American late-night talk show hosted by James Corden on CBS.
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - American late-night talk show by Stephen Colbert on CBS.
Language Exchange Websites
Conversation Exchange Websites are a fantastic idea and you can study english with native English speakers.
- iTalki - Get 1-on-1 online lessons with native language teachers.
- Verbling - Verbling allows you to free practice english speaking skill by Google Hangout.
- Speaky - Find and meet native speakers from all around the world.
- Talk English - Learn english speaking.
- The Sound of English - Learn how to speak clear English with a neutral British accent. Very helpful resource to improve your pronunciation.
- iTalki - One of the most popular resource where you can find a teacher 1 on 1.
- Verbling - One of the most popular resource where you can find a teacher 1 on 1.
- Lingoda - They have group and private classes, fixed monthly payment and really convenient interface where you can schedule your classes. All teachers are native speakers.
- Breaking News English - Breaking news listen, read and write.
- Short Stories - Short stories for every day reading.
- Reading Room - Newspapers, magazines, books and libraries.
- Reading Comprehension Exercises - 3 Levels of texts with exercises.
- IMDB scripts - Internet movie script database.
- Today I Found Out - Daily interesting fact articles from various authors.
- Newsy - Short news with transcriptions.
Exercises and Tests
- ETS - English tests.
- Ego4u - Grammar and tests.
- Duolingo - Free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam.
- LingoRank - Test and improve your english listening skills with TED talks.
- Play Phrase - Tools allows to search and play specific soundbites from movies.
- Lyrics Training - LyricsTraining is the new way to learn english and other languages through music and the lyrics of your favourite songs.
- Quizlet - Simple tools that let you study words.
- Grammarly - Grammarly makes you a better writer by finding and correcting up to 10 times more mistakes than your word processor.
- Test your vocab - Measure your vocabulary sizes.
- Forvo - Find out how any english word is pronounced in different countries.
- Oxford Dictionaries - Dictionaries with meanings, definitions, pronunciations and pictures.
- ReversoContext - Translate word in context.
- How can I improve my English listening abilities?
- How can I learn to speak English well in non-English environment?
- How can I make tangible improvements to my spoken English in one month?
- Are English speaking courses helpful?