This version is outdated. Click here for the latest version.
After 4 months since the last release... OpenSpades 0.0.11 is out.
To access the startup configuration window, hit space bar quickly while a splash screen is visible, right after you launched the program.
YSR and software renderer included.
EDIT OS X version (0.0.11-OSX-3) now includes some required libraries.
EDIT OS X version (0.0.11-OSX-4) now configured correctly to use included libraries.
EDIT OS X version (0.0.11-OSX-5) defaults to OS X built-in OpenAL library. You have to remove
~/Library/Application Support/OpenSpades/Resources/SPConfig.cfg if you have used one of older versions.
OpenSpades-0.0.11-Windows-winxp.zip supports Windows XP.
- Mac OS X supported (but might not work on 10.7 and earlier)
- GUI localization support (currently, Russian & Japanese translations are available)
- JPEG/PNG screenshot (
cg_screenshotFormat). Smaller file size compared to TGA. Easier to upload to websites.
- Revised, easier-to-use startup window
- Statistics display which includes ping and network traffics (
cg_stats, or Setup→Game Options→Misc→Show Statistics)
- Some settings can be changed from the chat window (i.e.
/cg_hidehud 1) warning: changing certain settings might crash the program.
- Navigate through chat history with up/down arrow keys
- Variable chat window size (
cg_chatHeight, in percentage)
- You can invert Y-axis input (
cg_invertMouseY, or Setup→Controls→Invert Y-axis Mouse Input)
- Addressed an issue that some models look broken (#213)
- Hit detection debugger
- Bullet impact effect against water
- caplimit is shown in the scoreboard
cg_smpis now working correctly
- Switch to the last selected tool
- Map can be opened when you're dead
- YSR became faster.
- More variety of sounds
- Better compatibility with AoSβ
- Many small bugs fixed
- IME might not work. Please test and report whether it works.
- Locale detection might not work. You might have to specify
(please tell me if I've forgotten to mention someone)