Git Source Control Provider
This Visual Studio Extensions integrates Git with Visual Studio solution explorer. It supports all editions of Visual studio 2010 except the Express Edition.
- Display file status in solution explorer and solution navigator
- Display repository status e.g. in the middle of merging, patching, rebase and bisecting
- Enable/disable plug-in through visual studio's source control plug-in selection
- No source code control information stored in solution or project file
- Initialize new git repository and generate .gitignore
- Integrates with Git for Windows
- Integrates with Git Extensions
- Integrates with TortoiseGit
- [Git - Pending Changes Tool Window] (http://gitscc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Commit%20Changes)
- [Git - View History Tool Window] (http://gitscc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=View%20History)
- Options page
How to use
- Install Git for Windows, or Git Extensions, or TortoiseGit.
- Run Visual Studio.
- Go to Tools | Extension Manager, search online gallery for Git Source Control Provider and install.
- Go to Tools | Options, Select Source Control.
- Select Git Source Control Provider from the drop down list, and click OK.
- Open your solution controlled by Git to see the file's status.
- Right click within solution explorer and select "Git". If Git for Windows, Git Extensions or TortoiseGit are installed, their commands are listed in the menu.
- Using the option page to disable the commands if you like.