Git Source Control Provider
Visual Studio users are used to see file status of source control right inside the solution explorer, whether it is SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server, Subversion or even Mercurial. This plug-in integrates Git with Visual Studio solution explorer.
- Displays file status in solution explorer
- Enable/disable plug-in through visual studio's source control plug-in selection
- No source code control information stored in solution or project file.
- Compare file with last commit.
- Undo file changes (restore file from last commit).
- Launch Git Bash.
- Launch Git Extensions.
- Options page.
How to use
- Run Visual Studio.
- Go to Tools | Extension Manager, search online gallary for Git Source Control Provider and install.
- Go to Tools | Options.
- Select Source Control in the tree view.
- Select Git Source Control Provider from the drop down list, and click OK.
- Open your solution controlled by Git to see the file's status.
- Right click within solution explorer and select "Git" to use git releated fuctions.