- The purpose of this script is to give users the ability to copy or move directories (including subdirectories) or files (including the skipping of subdirectories) to a single destination of their choice. The user is asked 4 simple questions (2 of them being source/destination) and the script works through everything else for them.
- This script utilizes python's built in distutils library to copy / move directories and files.
Making it Executable
For Linux users:
- Type the following command in terminal:
$ chmod +x copy_move_script.py(assuming you have python installed to run the script).
For Windows users:
- Download and install Python, PyInstaller, and PyWin32 if you have not already installed it.
- After you downloaded and installed the previous packages, run the following command in your python terminal:
python pyinstaller.py -F copy_move_script.py.
- Running the previous command will create a single file (-F option) executable which you can place on a computer that does or even does not have python installed. This is ideal for putting the script on a flash drive so you can move directories or files on the go, involving multiple computers.