- GPS Auto Dashboard is an Android app that was created for the purpose of bringing a digital speedometer, along with additional statistics, to any automobile.
- Using the Android device's built-in Global Positioning System (GPS), this app is able to calculate your speed, acceleration, distance traveled, and location coordinates.
- This app features an automatic day-and-night theme switching algorithm. Which means as you are driving the app will automatically switch to either the light or dark theme, depending on the light conditions.
- This app also features an acceleration bar widget to give you an indication of how fast, or slow, you are either accelerating or braking.
Running the App
Those who wish to run the app without building may follow these set of steps:
- Download the APK in the repository: GPSAutoDash.apk
- Transfer the APK file to your device (preferably the Downloads folder).
- Install the APK on your device by clicking on it in the folder in which you transferred it to.
Those who wish to build the app:
- Open Android Studio.
- Import the project by using the Import Project function.
- Android Studio will then automatically build the app.