Join GitHub today
1960 CJ 3B
The CJ-3B was purchased in June of 2017 and drove for the first time on the road in August of 2017.
Text from the Craigslist ad:
Classic Jeep for sale with PTO, Many new parts include, 235/75R15 Mud Dawgs, Leaf Springs, Rancho Shocks, Carburetor, Battery, Hoses, Dual Reservoir master cylinder, Lights, Manifold, Exhaust pipe and muffler, to name a few. 4 cylinder F-134 Hurricane engine needs some work.
I purchased this jeep from the 3rd or 4th owner who drove it up from the coast and worked on it for about 2 years. When I picked it up, the engine would turn over but it would not start. It wasn't driven for about a year or so. I towed it to my friend's farm in Valle Crucis and started working on it. I got it running, fixed a bunch of issues and got it home. Now I need to fix some suspension issues and take care of the electrical system.
- November 2018 - The fuel tank has been restored, new rubber line ran from the tank to the old fuel system and the jeep is now at the shop!
- June 2018 - The CJ is back at the farm!
- May 2018 - Finished the wiring.
- April 2018 - Rebuilt the fuel system (again) and purchased a Warn HS9500I winch for it.
- March 2018 - Started the jeep, Started working on the LED lights on the bumper.
- February 2018 - Firing up the old man
- October 2017 - A cold start on the new wiring, the headlights actually work, and mounted switches.
- September 2017 - Replaced the front leaf springs, added a tachometer, ran for the first time on the new wiring.
- August 2017 - First drive, removed lights that were on the bumper, removed unneeded wiring and replaced hex head screws with grade 8 bolts.
- July 2017 - Changed oil, changed oil filter, changed fuel pump, replaced fuel lines and added fuel pressure regulator.
- June 2017 - Purchased jeep, got it running, replaced ignition coil, ignition condenser, rewired a few things and replaced the brakes.
Checkout the Projects tab for a more detailed list of what's going on with the jeep right now.