Things that I believe to be true
This is intended to be a living document, subject to change and edits at any time.
Last edited: 12/25/13
- The best things in life almost don't happen.
- There are no rules.
- Life is about three things: Storytelling, Contrast, and making decisions easy for other people.
- No one knows anything.
- Most people express opinions as facts.
- It's important to be flexible with beliefs; my beliefs and opinions may change with the facts.
- A man should have a mystery about him, how he does all that he does.
- Take information, synthesize it for yourself and then form your opinion.
- I'm only racing me.
- Only measure yourself against yourself.
- Confidence and direct attacks in the face of fear.
- Humor comes from our differences and timing.
- College is about transporting information from the first day to the last. You don't have to learn anything, really, other than how to play the game.
- There's something magical about the ocean; it's the perfect metaphor for anything you're going through.
- I believe in God, I'm just not sure what to do with that belief yet.
- I really want there to be something after life.
- Mathematically, there have to be other life forms out there.
- Always trust your gut.
- "What you are thinking about you are becoming." - Muhammad Ali
- Do the next one.
- I hope I'm always this good at falling asleep.
- Everything is linked to exercise: eating well, sleeping, discipline.
- Surround yourself with physical books. If you enjoyed an ebook, buy a physical copy too.
- I work really well off of a to-do list.
- It's important to take chances on people.
- Mentors are important, so is disagreeing with them.
- Make decisions and reflect on them often.
- Fidelity is of the utmost importance.
- We're all going through the same things. Reach out. The worst you can get is a 'no.'
- Surprise and spotanaety are important.
- Marriage should be extended to everyone.
- A man should build things with his hands.
- The details are the product.
- Momentum is a hell of a drug.
- Build things and tell people.
- The more consistent you are with what you're working on, the more people notice.
- When you put something you've created out there, all kinds of unexpected options and people come into your world.
- It's always terrifying to push the thing out the door.
- Teams and communities produce more than the sum of their parts.
- Everything is built in a million little steps; do as many steps well as you can each day.
- Work with those with the drive, and that fit culturally. Not necessarily the most qualified.