Sketch Copy Editor
Sketch Copy Editor lets writers and designers work together to bring copy updates seamlessly and automatically into the latest version of your designs.
- Download the repository from this link.
- Grab the
sketch-copyeditorfolder from the ZIP.
- In Sketch 3, select
Plugins > Reveal Plugins Folder...from the menu bar, and put the
sketch-copyeditorfolder in this folder.
Creating a copy deck
- Select a page in your Sketch file. Make sure ALL TEXT LAYERS have a unique name.
1. Generate copy deckfrom the plugins menu.
- The copy is saved to a file in CSV format.
Excluding layers from export
If you would like to exclude a layer from the export, just prefix it using "__".
- Open the copy deck CSV file in Excel.
- You will see every piece of copy from the design. The left hand side is the name of the layer in Sketch (DESIGNERS: Name your layers properly so your writer knows what they're looking at!). The right hand side is the copy.
- Make changes on the right hand side as you see fit.
Updating your design with the latest copy
- Select the page in your Sketch file you wish to update.
2. Update copy.
- Select the CSV translation file for that page.
- The current page has been copied and translated.
- IMMEDIATELY save your file, and then close & reopen it. This avoids some weird sketch behaviour/bugs.
Help me improve Sketch Copy Editor
To propose changes, fork the repository and submit a pull request!
This plugin is forked from @houbenkristof's Sketch i18n plugin. I just tweaked some stuff to suit my needs.