What is STUPS?
The STUPS platform is a set of tools and components to provide a convenient and audit-compliant Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for multiple autonomous teams on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
STUPS provides the needed components to deploy immutable stacks of Docker applications on AWS:
- an application registry to register applications and their endpoints (:ref:`kio`)
- a private Docker registry to push deployment artifacts to (:ref:`pierone`)
- a CLI tool to create temporary AWS credentials when using federated SAML logins (:ref:`mai`)
- an AWS account configuration tool to set up team AWS accounts consistently (:ref:`sevenseconds`)
- a base Amazon Machine Image (AMI) to run Docker containers in a safe and audit-compliant way (:ref:`taupage`)
- a developer console UI to register and browse applications (:ref:`yourturn`)
- tools to grant team members SSH access to EC2 instances in an audit-compliant way (:ref:`piu` and :ref:`even` & :ref:`odd`)
- a best practice CLI tool to deploy immutable application stacks using AWS CloudFormation (:ref:`senza`)
- a reporting component to ensure compliance and transparency across all AWS team accounts (:ref:`fullstop`)
- a framework for OAuth integration via secret distribution (:ref:`mint` & :ref:`berry`)