mass-text: send an SMS to several recipients
mass-text is an App Engine-hosted Twilio frontend for sending large quantities of a single message to several recipients.
This app was whipped up in a weekend; it's not pretty, it's not robust, it's not anything but barely functional.
To set up your own app:
- Create a Google App Engine app.
app.yamlto point to your new app id.
- Update the
main.pyto point to your app. (Like I said, it's not pretty.)
- Deploy and enjoy.
- Create a Twilio account.
- Visit the main page of your newly-deployed app.
- Follow the (admittedly spare) instructions.
This app requires a dedicated Twilio phone number for use. Incoming texts and phone calls are responded to automatically with a message you set when creating your account on this app.
- Can only send a message to 5000 recipients at a time.
- There are probably bugs. Woo!
If you make changes to this app, let me know!