Libcoffee.net Blog Engine
|Version:||0.2 (perpetually alpha ;)|
|Copyright:||Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike|
- Basic blog publishing with plain URLs eg 'blog/2009/12/31/slug'
- Content markup with reStructuredText, Markdown and Textile
- Clean default template with Bootstrap CSS, hAtom microformats
- Code block syntax highlighting
Several features have been dropped or 'unimplemented' in favor of using third-party services, or due to deprecation:
- Post creation and editing (via Google App Engine administration)
- Comments, email notifications and spam checking (via Disqus)
- Email notifications of new comments (via Disqus)
- Scheduled datastore backup via Blobstore (via Google App Engine cron jobs)
- Movable Type/MetaWeblog API
Libcoffee.net depends on the AppEngine Python SDK, the excellent flask-appengine-template, as well as a few Python libraries.
If you've cloned this repository from Github, flask-appengine-template should already have been linked as a git submodule. To populate the folder:
git submodule update --init flask-appengine-template
Symlink or copy out everything under flask-appengine-template/src to the main folder. Python modules under 4. Dependencies can be symlinked/copied to the 'lib' folder, the app will pick them up automatically.
After that, it's the same as starting up AppEngine's development server:
echo 'Just running the dev server' google_appengine/dev_appserver.py . echo 'and uploading to AppEngine...' google_appengine/appcfg.py update .
- Google App Engine SDK (latest)
Install with Python package manager of choice:
- roman.py also needs to be copied separately into the lib folder.
- 0.2: Major rewrite, now based on Flask/Werkzeug
- 0.1: Initial release with Django
Libcoffee.net is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license.
All third-party parts shamelessly included here are distributed under their respective licenses.