Up or Down?
A super-simple sample Android application that uses http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com to test whether or not a website is online.
This app is written in Mirah using the Pindah build tool. It demonstrates the following:
- Basic Mirah syntax for use with Pindah
- How to use blocks and Android callbacks with Mirah
- How to leverage third-party Java libraries in Mirah (jsoup)
- How to handle exceptions in Mirah
- How to deal with Mirah scoping weirdness (this = self)
- Add a ProgressDialog and make the site test an AsyncTask
- Record a log of website test history to a ListView
- Allow users to browse test history through a separate activity
- Store test history in a local Sqlite database (ListAdapter)
Copyright (c) 2011 Nick Plante. See LICENSE.txt for further details.