The Other Side theme for the Orchard CMS
A clean and light theme with nice typography, designed primarily for running a blog on Orchard CMS.
What is Orchard?
Orchard CMS is a nice modular CMS built on top of the Microsoft's MVC web stack, which can also be run on Mono.
Although it's a new player in the CMS arena, it promises great experience when building websites on top of it. It combines the simplicity and ease of use of WordPress, with the power concepts of Drupal. Its clean architecture won't make developers cry when something needs to be extended or changed.
About "The Other Side" theme
This is a theme I built while exploring the Orchard CMS, and decided to use it for my blog. It can be seen in action at The Other Side of Code blog.
I've decided to open source the theme to make it available for all the people interested in Orchard CMS, whether to use it on their own website, or as a reference to extend it or build their own theme.
Alternatively, download a theme and install from your local computer by following this section of the theme installation guide.
- [2011-09-04] v1.0.4: Styling Fix: removed list items showing bullets inside fieldsets, fixed password field styling to match other input fields
- [2011-09-01] v188.8.131.52: Discarding changes related to Taxonomy, this must be an individual customization per installation and taxonomies defined
- [2011-09-01] v1.0.3: CSS fix for conteint items lists; Updating theme to match changes in Taxonomy module for overriding displaying the topic title on top of details page
- [2011-09-01] v1.0.2: Cherry-picked changes from Anthony Steele regarding the blog post summary excerpt technique discussed at http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/258666
- [2011-09-01] v1.0.1: Fixed CSS styling for unordered and ordered lists
- [2011-05-15] v1.0.0: Added image caption paragraph class ("caption"), pager links styled. Changes in footer to insert a direct link to the theme in the Orchard Gallery.
- [2011-04-16] v0.9.0: Theme usable for production, while some details still need to be polished. Note: ShareThis buttons are currently built directly into the theme, that should be removed from a theme and implemented through an Orchard Module
- Orchard Project homepage: http://orchardproject.net/
- Orchard Project CodePlex site and the source code: http://orchard.codeplex.com/
- Orchard themes and plugins gallery: http://www.orchardproject.net/gallery
- Theme page at the Orchard Gallery: http://www.orchardproject.net/gallery/List/Themes/Orchard.Theme.TheOtherSide
- Check out The Other Side of Code blog