Tool to facilitate sprites/graphics manipulation and creation for retro-progarmming on several systems (MSX & NeoGeo now!).
Tool should be "runnable" under python in any system supporting "tkinter" library (Win/Linux/MacOS)
(Español mas abajo, Français plus bas)
You have 2 options to work with sprites:
Create new project (select number of sprites in preferences firs)
Open a "sprite sheet" (image with the sprties in it)
- Click on the color on the image that will be used as background color (or will be 0 in sprites)
- The tool will try to match the colors with the MSX palette or adapt the palette if no close match is found
- It will also try to find automatically the OR color for a sprite row with 3 colours
System selection does not work yet (first I want to make sure al functioanlities are ok!)
- Open sprite editor window
- Select color on palette
- Right click on a "boxel" in order to color it (select color 0 to clear boxel)
- Use arrow keys on the keyboard to move spritesheet around (for finer placement of original image)
- For the moment you need to edit the config file:
- animCols = 1 # Number of columns for the sprite animation
- animRows = 2 # Number of rows for the sprite animation (this will create characters of Cols*Rows for sprite animations)
- animArray = (3,4,3) # "character" list to show in animation [If you input from an image, it is 0 for the first row first col, then 2 for first row second col and so on...]
- Use right/left arrows in keyboard to cycle through characters
Save projects / load projects allows you to save a complete project and load it again (without loading any image) - changes made to te sprites should also be saved.
Preferences : Very basic for the moment, check.
Export asm : Will create an .asm file that will contain (for the moment):
- The list of sprites (2 sprites for a character will be created with the ored pixels setted on both)
- The colors for each sprite row
- The colors for the palette
Yo will be able then to import the .asm into your code for usage.
Happy sprite editing!!
Prometo traducir pronto
Je promets de faire la traduction bientôt!