📢 Revelry 📢
Automatic API for your Sound Files
Revelry is a simple app that wraps your sound files with a REST-style API. You can then call the API to play sounds. Revelry assumes your server has a speaker (i.e. your server is a wifi-enabled Arduino or your old laptop!).
Use cases include:
- An audio notification system for webhooks
- Trolling your friends with a hidden speaker that you control with your cell phone
- A Jukebox controlled by raw HTTP requests
The REST api mirrors the file structure of your /sounds directory. Some sample sounds are included (Unreal Tournament, George Michael, Eye of the Tiger...)
PRs and additional sounds welcome!
- Clone repo
nvm use(Or manually switch to Node 8.9);
- Drop sounds into subdirectories of the
soundsfolder. You can create any directories you want, but Revelry currently supports only one layer deep.
npm startto launch
- Send requests to
- Explore sound options from
How to Easily Make Your Server Public
Download and set up
From inside your Revelry project folder...
npm start ngrok http 3000