I wanted to play Hearts with three friends without the need to make an account, install an app, or get paired with strangers/robots. So I made this.
Things it does
Please file an issue (or PR) if there is something else you want Hearts to do.
- Lets you play Hearts with three of your friends in your browser
- Looks decent on three screens
- Keep score between rounds
- Take a card back if played incorrectly
- Rejoin if you lose connection (though this only works if at least one of your friends stayed on the page)
Things it does not do (yet)
- Check that the move you made was allowed
- As with Hearts live, though, you may redo your move if you made a mistake
- Sort the cards in your hand
- Save a game for you & your friends to return to later
- Collect any sort of stats or keep player profiles
Special thanks to the Deck of Cards API for the wonderful API methods & card images.
Make sure you have Node installed. Then,
- Clone the repository
- From inside the folder, run
npm start, and you may access Hearts locally at
Do whatever you want with it
Clone it. Fork it. Twist it. Bop it.