Zeal is a simple offline documentation browser inspired by Dash.
Get binary builds for Windows and Linux from the download page.
How to use
After installing Zeal go to
Tools->Docsets, select the ones you want, and click the
How to compile
- Qt version 5.9.5 or above. Required module: Qt WebEngine Widgets.
- X11 platforms only: Qt X11 Extras and
cmake -B build cmake --build build
More detailed instructions are available in the wiki.
Query & Filter docsets
You can limit the search scope by using ':' to indicate the desired docsets:
You can also search multiple docsets separating them with a comma:
If you prefer, you can start Zeal with a query from the command line:
Create your own docsets
Follow instructions in the Dash docset generation guide.
Contact and Support
We want your feedback! Here's a list of different ways to contact developers and request help:
- Report bugs and submit feature requests to GitHub issues.
- Reach developers and other Zeal users on Gitter or IRC channel #zealdocs on Freenode.
- Ask any questions in our Google Group. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not forget to follow @zealdocs on Twitter!
- Finally, for private communications email us at email@example.com.