- a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
- excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end
- prompt willingness
(from WordNet 3.0)
Zeal is a simple offline documentation browser inspired by Dash.
How to use
After installing Zeal, you need to download docsets. Go to File->Options->Docsets, select the ones you want, and click the Download button.
How to compile
If you prefer to compile Zeal manually.
To compile it, run
Query & Filter docsets
You can limit the search scope by using ':' to indicate the desired docsets.
You can also search multiple docsets separating them with a comma:
If you prefer, you can start Zeal with a query from command line:
Creating your own docsets
You can use Dash's instructions for generating docsets.
Contact and Support
We want your feedback! Here's a list of different ways to contact developers and request help:
- Report bugs and submit feature requests to GitHub issues.
- Ask any questions in our Google Group. You can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a quick chat with developers and other Zeal users use our IRC channel: #zealdocs on Freenode. Also available through Kiwi IRC web interface. Please, take into consideration possible time zone differences.
- Finally, for a private communications send us email.
- And do not forget to follow @zealdocs on Twitter!