Zeal is a simple offline documentation browser inspired by Dash.
Get binary builds for Windows and Linux from the download page.
How to use
After installing Zeal, go to Tools->Docsets, select the ones you want, and click the Download button.
How to compile
- Qt version 5.9.5 or above. Required module: Qt WebEngine Widgets.
- X11 platforms only: Qt X11 Extras and
mkdir build && cd build cmake .. make
More detailed instructions are available in the Wiki.
Query & Filter docsets
You can limit the search scope by using ':' to indicate the desired docsets:
You can also search multiple docsets separating them with a comma:
If you prefer, you can start Zeal with a query from the command line:
Creating your own docsets
Follow the Dash Docset Generation Guide.
Contact and Support
We want your feedback! Here's a list of different ways to contact developers and request help:
- Report bugs and submit feature requests to GitHub issues.
- Reach developers and other Zeal users on Gitter, or IRC channel #zealdocs on Freenode.
- Ask any questions in our Google Group. You can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, for private communications email us at email@example.com.
- And do not forget to follow @zealdocs on Twitter!
If you feel generous and want to show some extra appreciation: