F.R.O.G. - the Fantastic Rescue Of Greeny
F.R.O.G. is a 2D action-platformer game written in Java and using SDL 1.2, originally developed as a java class project. It is currently aiming at the [GCW Zero] (http://www.gcw-zero.com) platform as its main target, although it is also known to run on GNU/Linux and Windows PCs.
- Artur "zear" Rojek - programming
- Daniel "Dnilo" Garcia - graphics
- source code - [GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1] (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html) or later (LGPLv2.1+)
- graphics - [Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike] (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/) (CC BY-SA)
The game is currently in development, with many of the features still missing.
- Java compiler
- [SDLJava binding] (https://github.com/zear/sdljava)
The project Makefile provides an automatic way to build F.R.O.G.
In order to compile, type
After a successful compilation, running
make release will produce a JAR file.
make clean provides a way to remove a compiled build together with a produced JAR file.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=":/path/to/libsdljava.so" java -jar frog-YYYY.MM.DD.jar
The game is known to run at least with OpenJDK and JamVM JVMs.
- [FROG Level Editor] (https://github.com/zear/fled) - level creation tool