20% faster bootup + bug fixes + better plugin DX
We improved bootup time by making the JS bundle 20% faster (parse and evaluation time).
We also fixed a race condition seen if you had special characters in the first data packet coming from the terminal (e.g.: the prompt), which could sometimes be rendered as follows:
Many other fixes from multiple contributors! Read on…
- Ensure line endings are correct on Windows: #1230
- Prevent loosing focus after a char composition ended by Tab key (fix #1341): #1349
- Scrollbar Fix on macOS (fix #100) #1354
- Fix decoding race condition with new terminal sessions: #1366
- 20% faster bootup time: #1350
Perf improvements and URL, emojis, + bug fixes
- Fix lingering text selection upon paste (#819, PR #1218) [@ppot]
- Fix matching of URLs (#1253, #1210, #1042 , #910, #594, #97, PR #1216, PR #1259) [@kevinramsunder, @ppot]
- Fix issues with zsh and improve unicode performance (#1131, #1116, #96, PR #1111) [@dotcypress]
Consolasto the list of default fonts for Windows (PR #1196) [@mqudsi]
- Reset background color after reloading (PR #1262) [@ppot]
line-heightimprovements for rendering emoji (PR #1322) [@dotcypress]
Also note-worthy: URL support will probably move into a core plugin in the near future_.
We'll be introducing, highlighting and documenting a series of core-maintained plugins that you'll be able to include as
@hyper/plugin inside your config
Hyper 1.0.0 is here!
Windows support and improved Linux support
We are very excited to announce that we now support Windows – and we're also shipping a first-class Linux version:@tyriar] - We rewrote the UI for the tabs in order for them to work with Electron's constraints on Windows and Linux – https://github.com/zeit/hyper/pull/946/commits/f8a8da645fecc2f7c7e33587bc4b14f267cf9842 – [@CodeTheory] - We added a _hamburguer menu_ so the application menu can be easily accessed – [@CodeTheory + @evilrabbit] #946 and #1058 for more info
Improved internationalization and foreign keyboards support
We are shipping a fix for a very common issue: if you're using a foreign keyboard, such as Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish etc, you weren't able to type some characters like
~ and so on. That's not the case anymore!
Unicode and emojis
This version comes with an initial fix for issues with special Unicode characters – and Emojis
Customize the look of the active session
- The active
<Term />will receive an
activeCSS class. Therefore, after the rendering, the
.term_activeCSS class will be available. You can use it (and the absence of it) to customize any CSS property for the active split pane – #905 – [@weslleyaraujo]
hyper-simple-highlight-active-sessionfor an example of how to use it.
We are shipping a new Electron version that supports vibrancy on macOS:
- You can choose from a list of available vibrancy types. Make sure to check
hyper-simple-vibrancyfor an example of how to do it – you will need to set a background color with some level of transparency to get a proper vibrancy effect
Further improved developer experience
We have improved the development workflow – we hope that we made easier for you to contribute:
- Instead of using a unified
concurrently, we now have separate
starttasks. This means that Hyper will not fail to boot anymore because Webpack is still working – ed76f4e
- We introduced a
linttask, so you can run only the linter to check if your code style match ours – 332d303
We'd like to thank these 22 contributors for their amazing work on Hyper – they made this release possible!
Hyper early, hyper often!
Quick release to fix ugly error dialog when performing some filesystem operations. Shoutout to @shama creator of
gaze, our file-watching dep, for his help debugging.
Many fixes, including paste ヘ(◕。◕ヘ)
- Temporary workaround for paste bug [@flybayer]
- Only attempt to fetch remote notifications in the main process, instead of each window [@ekmartin]
- Set default cursor opacity to 0.8 [@chabou]
- Set default background to white for webviews [@colepeters]
Componentto plugin authors [@timneutkens]
- Build Linux packages for 32 and 64 bit architectures [@fearphage]
- Run tests in Travis [@fearphage]
- Fix linting issues [@maxdeviant, @ekmartin]
- Fix lots of typos and finish renaming [@kenma9123, @shime, @danielbayerlein, @CodeTheory]
We received commits from 12 authors for this release. It's only been 9 days since 0.8.1! Thank you!
Per our announcement, we've renamed:
When you first launch the app, we migrate you config automatically. Plugins will re-install automatically under the new location, and you can delete
.hyperterm_modules manually later. You might see some plugin error notifications while that happens.
This version adds horizontal and vertical splits (⌘+D and ⌘+Shift+D)
For plugin developers, we've added new actions and reducers to be able to control these. See term-groups.
I've refactored the tab bar (which might break some themes in the short run) so that it's 100% compatible with transparency support
Some bugs exist in regards to the implementation of transparency in both Electron and Chrome, but this new release prepares us for the future. Almost every color configurable in
Window position and size memorization
Unless you configure a specific size and position in your config, we know remember the last used one across re-launches and new windows
New windows open automatically at an offset to avoid overlapping
We've improved a lot of the workflows related to running tests, linting, starting development (it now just takes a
npm start to run webpack and launch electron).
We've started using
xo by @sindresorhus for consistent styling across the entire codebase