Python module (hopefully? eventually?) to test distributions and strings of numbers/letters for randomness
- Install Python 3.X
- Create a virtual environment in the project folder with
virtualenv -p python3 venv
- Activate the virtual environment with
You can look at a comparison of the system PRNG and the Randu PRNG with
- PRNG: Pseudo-random number generator. An algorithm that creates a string of numbers with many of the properties of true random numbers, but with a deterministic order. Should not be used for cryptographic purposes, because it is possible to guess all subsequent numbers if you know where in the sequence you are.
- Seed: A parameter that determines where to start in a PRNG sequence.
- epsilon: A Greek letter. Used in engineering to represent the absolute error between a estimated value and the true value.