A command-line reminder tool that supports natural language dates and times, inspired by Slack's
$ remind me to go outside for some fresh air in five minutes # Ok, I'll remind you to "go outside for some fresh air" on Sunday, September 20 at 4:05 pm
It has been tested on Mac OS X Yosemite, but should work on any system with
npm i -g remind-me && remind
$ remind me
Create a reminder.
remind me in two hours to take a break remind me to do some deep breathing in 10 minutes remind me at 3pm to wash the dishes remind me to wash the dishes at 4:00 pm tomorrow remind me to get out of bed tomorrow remind me to put on pants at 8:36 am tomorrow remind me on friday at 9pm to go party remind me on February 2 at 6:30am to look for my shadow
$ remind list
List all upcoming reminders and their times
$ remind edit
~/.remind-me/reminders.json in your
$ remind config
~/.remind-me/config.json in your
The following notifiers are supported. To enable or disable any of them, type
The Mac OS X say command is enabled by default. This reads your reminder aloud in a computer voice. You can customize the voice. The full list is available by typing
say -v "?" in your terminal.
Enabled by default.
This display reminders using your OS's built-in notification system. This notifier uses the popular and well-maintained node-notifier module.
Enabled by default.
Text Messages with Twilio
Send reminders to your phone as text messages using Twilio. You can sign up for a free account which will work but prepends a nag message to all your texts, or you can pay for texts for a nominal fee. To find your Twilio phone number, visit https://www.twilio.com/user/account/phone-numbers/incoming. To find your Twilio SID and token, visit https://www.twilio.com/user/account/settings
Send messages to a Slack channel. Uses the node-slack module.
Disabled by default. Requires configuration.
npm install npm test
- cp: cp for node
- crontab: A module for reading, creating, deleting, manipulating, and saving system cronjobs with node.js
- dateparser: A human language relative date parser
- easypattern: EasyPattern is a readable alternative to regular expressions
- mkdirp: Recursively mkdir, like
- node-notifier: A Node.js module for sending notifications on native Mac, Windows (post and pre 8) and Linux (or Growl as fallback)
- node-slack: Send and receive Slack Webhooks easily!
- prettydate: Format dates nicely
- require-dir: Helper to require() directories.
- rimraf: A deep deletion module for node (like
- tmp: Temporary file and directory creator
- twilio: A Twilio helper library
- user-home: Get the path to the user home directory
- uuid: Rigorous implementation of RFC4122 (v1 and v4) UUIDs.
Generated by package-json-to-readme