Apple II Audit
This repository contains routines to audit Apple II computers (II, II+, IIe, IIc), providing information about hardware, ROM versions, RAM configuration, and behavior.
The file to download and try is audit/audit.dsk.
Eventually, it should comprise a complete emulator test suite, enabling emulator writers to systematically identify and eliminate software-testable differences from real hardware. If a difference visible to code can be found, a test should be added to this suite.
- toolchain for automation (diskii)
- sha1sum assembly code (currently not used yet because it's slow)
- language card tests
- main/auxiliary memory softswitch behavior tests
- softswitch reading tests
- Incorporate Cxxx testing into data-driven test
- Add testcases for Cxxx testing
- duplicate HOME and COUT routines from AppleII, so IIe tests don't depend on Cxxx ROM working
- Some simple "same result from two different modes" graphics tests
- IIe: check that we really have 128K (aux switching actually does anything)
- IIe: don't test auxmem softswitches if we only have 64k
- weirder softswitch behavior corner cases
- floating-bus tests
- dbl lores tests
- weird lores tests
- undelayed hires tests
This test suite is a step on the way to implementing Apple IIe (enhanced) support in OpenEmulator: I may alternate adding tests here and features there.