A Windows Resource Monitor in VBS with email alerts. Can run on-demand, from command line, or as a task.
TYPE: Visual Basic Script
PRIMARY LANGUAGE: VBS
AUTHOR: Justin Grimes (@zelon88)
ORIGINAL VERSION DATE: 7/16/2018
CURRENT VERSION DATE: 11/14/2018
A simple script for monitoring the resource usage of workstations or servers and notifying IT if and when there is a problem.
To ensure smooth operation of the network and prevent downtime by creating visibility on device health for administrators.
- Copy the entire "Resource_Monitor" folder into the "AutomationScripts" folder on SERVER (or any other network accessible location).
- Add a scheduled task to SERVER to run "Resource_Monitor.vbs" several times daily with the "-t" argument.
- Use the -t argument when running from Task Scheduler. This will send emails to IT, warning them about resource problems.
- Do not use the -t argument when running as a user. This will prevent emails from being sent and display the information instead. DOES NOT DISABLE LOGGING!
- -i -Use to display as much information as possible to the user. Disables email notification.
- -ss -Use to select which CPU socket to target for monitoring.
- -ds -Use to select which disk to target for monitoring.
NOTES: SendMail for Windows is required and included in the "Resource_Monitor" folder. The SendMail data files must be included in the same directory as "Resource_Monitor.vbs" in order for emails to be sent correctly.