Marvin for Xcode
Marvin is a plugin for Xcode, it adds a large collection of text selections, duplication and deletion commands.
Xcode -> Edit -> Marvin
It includes the following commands (some might seem obvious but some need a little more detail to describe its function and value).
- Delete Line
- Duplicate Line
- Join Line
- Move To EOL and Insert LF
- Select Current Word
- Select Line Contents
- This differs a bit from Select Line as it will exclude whitespace characters until it reaches the first valid character at both the beginning and end of the current line
- Select Next Word
- Select Previous Word
- Select Word Above
- Select Word Below
- Sort lines
As an added bonus, on save, Marvin also
- Magically cleans up whitespace on save.
- Adds a LF at the end of the document
Install via Alcatraz
- Install plugin and restart Xcode.
Build from Source
Build the Xcode project. The plug-in will automatically be installed in
To uninstall, just remove the plugin from
~/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins and restart Xcode.
You can configure Marvin's keyboard shortcuts by adding them to
System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Note that the
Menu Title needs to match Marvin commands
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create pull request
A big shout out goes out to Benoît Bourdon @benoitsan. He made BBUncrustifyPlugin-Xcode which includes private Xcode headers and some convenience methods that is being used in this project. Without his tremendous work this might not have ever happened.