Triggering Mails After 3 Days of Cold Weather
This example shows how to create a workflow that triggers a promotional email about a tropical vacation after 3 days of cold weather. It can be useful for an agency or anyone who wants to trigger notification based on data from an external API and time factors.
Step by step, the workflow logic is:
- Call a weather API to get the temperature of the current day during a specific period (ie. number of days)
- If the temperature is less than 40°F for three days in a row, then send an email to users using gmail.
- If not, then keep checking everyday until the end of the time period
- If during the time period, the temperature hasn't dropped below 40°F for 3 days, then send a different promotional email.
This flowchart shows a visual representation of the workflow tasks.
To make this example usable in a real-world production environment, we could:
- Use (lat, long) boxes to pinpoint users in a specific area, not a city
- Add A/B testing in the worklow to increase conversion rate
Feel free to submit a PR if you extended this example!