Ways To Contribute
There are numerous ways to contribute to Zen Cart®:
- Enter duplicatable bug reports as Issues on github.
- Submit PRs containing bug fixes or new features on github
- Build plugins as 3rd party contributions which shopowners can install to their own site
- Post snippets of bugfixes or minor tweaks to assist with solving specific questions posted on our support forum at https://www.zen-cart.com/forum.php
Seasoned open source contributor? Review the guidelines below, fork the repo and start contributing PRs!
First timer? Take a look at our getting started document.
When submitting bug reports, issues, plugins, or code as pull requests, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please search previous suggestions before making a new one, as yours may be a duplicate.
- Each suggestion/report/pull-request should be separate. Don't mix multiple issues into one. See our git workflow for details.
- Code submissions should comply with the Coding Standards.
- If reporting a bug/issue, please provide exact steps which one can take to recreate the bug, starting from a brand new fresh install. See Guidelines for Reporting Bugs.
- If providing a suggestion, please also explain the business problem the suggestion will solve.
- If publishing a plugin, be sure it complies with the Plugin Contribution Guidelines
- Check your spelling and grammar.
Thank you for your contributions!
©Copyright 2003-2020, Zen Cart®. All rights reserved.