Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

FYI - 1.5.6b cutoff planned for April 30 #2296

Open
drbyte opened this issue Apr 24, 2019 · 7 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
4 participants
@drbyte
Copy link
Member

commented Apr 24, 2019

If all the stars align properly, I hope to begin release-prep for v1.5.6b on May 1, with a goal of releasing within a week, time-permitting.

So, this is just a little advance notice that if you have something that "needs" to be in "b", now is the time to get the PR submitted.

I know there are some open Issues without resolution yet. I probably can't get to those before May 1 either, so if you think it's important for "b", then let's get some more discussion happening on them, or even a PR.

@scottcwilson

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented Apr 25, 2019

Please be skeptical of any medium or low priority fixes which could jeopardize this release date. It's more important to release and get a PHP 7.2+ compatible version out than it is to include one more fix at this point.

@torvista

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link

commented Apr 30, 2019

Please be skeptical of any medium or low priority fixes which could jeopardize this release date.

What does this mean? Don't submit PRs or issues or anything until ...?
I submit things as I find them, someone else can choose to ignore them, no?

@Zen4All

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Member

commented Apr 30, 2019

I don't think @scottcwilson meant not to submit anymore, but for the ream to be cautious on what to accept for the next release,

@torvista

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link

commented Apr 30, 2019

Normally I check if a fault in current/156 is fixed in develop.
If the same problem exists, should I PR against 156 or develop? Either way someone has to choose to port to the other or not, but what is preferred?

@scottcwilson

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented Apr 30, 2019

@Zen4All Correct - I'm just saying "let's not jeopardize the long awaited release of 1.5.6b just to pull in one more fix which is not critical." The closer to a release you are, the higher the priority a fix should be for it to be added in - otherwise you're risking breaking the build (or necessitating quick re-release) for a very low benefit.

@Zen4All

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Member

commented Apr 30, 2019

That's exactly why i like the tight release regime software like Ubuntu is using.
Set fixed dates for releases, new features, non critical fixes, and critical fixes.

Not saying Zen Cart should adopt a strict policy like that, but it would be nice (IMHO) to have some sort of guide, like releasing a version once a year. Like it happend the past couple of years, each in december, which was probably a coincidence. Bug fix releases can be done more often of-course.

@scottcwilson

This comment has been minimized.

Copy link
Contributor

commented May 8, 2019

Can we get an update on where things are? It's been a week since the cutoff; how close are we to release and what are the outstanding issues?

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
You can’t perform that action at this time.