Welcome to the Zend Framework 2.0.0 Release!
Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6
This is the fifth release candidate for 2.0.0. We will be releasing RCs on a weekly basis until we feel all critical issues are addressed. At this time, we anticipate few API changes before the stable release, and recommend testing your production applications against it.
XX August 2012
UPDATES IN RC6
- ResultInterface adds isBuffered() method for checking if the resultset is buffered or not. Allows for more fine grained control of result set buffering, including using the database engine's native buffering.
- You can now omit error messages on elements when rendering via formRow(), by passing a boolean false as the third argument of the helper.
- You can now use concrete hydrator instances with the factory.
- You may now set the CSRF validator class and/or options to use on the Csrf element
- Some browser/web server combingations set SERVER_NAME to the IPv6 address, and enclose it in brackets. The PhpEnvironment\Request object now correctly detects such situations.
- Loader\LoaderInterface was splitted into Loader\FileLoaderInterface and Loader\RemoteLoaderInterface. The latter one will be used in ZF 2.1 for a database loader.
- Translator::addTranslationPattern() and the option "translation_patterns" were renamed to Translator::addTranslationFilePattern and "translation_file_patterns".
- A new method Translator::addRemoteTranslations() was added.
Application no longer defines the "application" identifier for its composed EventManager instance. If you had listeners listening on that context, update them to use "Zend\Mvc\Application". See this thread for more details:
The PRG plugin now allows passing no arguments; if you do so, the currently matched route will be used for the redirect.
- Removes the factory() and related methods. This was done to be more consistent with other components, and also because the utility was not terribly useful; in most cases, developers needed to configure the adapter up-front anyways.
- ClassMethods Hydrator now supports boolean getters prefixed with "is"
More than XX pull requests for a variety of features and bugfixes were handled since RC5, as well as around XX documentation changes!
Zend Framework 2 requires PHP 5.3.3 or later; we recommend using the latest PHP version whenever possible.
Please see INSTALL.md.
If you wish to contribute to Zend Framework 2.0, please read both the README-DEV.md and README-GIT.md file.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
Online documentation can be found at http://framework.zend.com/manual. Questions that are not addressed in the manual should be directed to the appropriate mailing list:
If you find code in this release behaving in an unexpected manner or contrary to its documented behavior, please create an issue in the Zend Framework issue tracker at:
If you would like to be notified of new releases, you can subscribe to the fw-announce mailing list by sending a blank message to email@example.com.
The files in this archive are released under the Zend Framework license. You can find a copy of this license in LICENSE.txt.
The Zend Framework team would like to thank all the contributors to the Zend Framework project, our corporate sponsor, and you, the Zend Framework user. Please visit us sometime soon at http://framework.zend.com.