PHP Toolkit for IBM i
For production systems please do not use the master branch. Instead use the latest stable release.
The PHP Toolkit for IBM i (Toolkit) is a PHP-based front end to XMLSERVICE that helps programmers call RPG and CL programs along with other native resources from within PHP.
The Toolkit is open source and has been developed with help from Alan Seiden and the community.
Discussion of the Toolkit (usage and how to contribute) happens at the ‘Club Seiden’ forum: http://club.alanseiden.com/community/
Current Main Features:
- Ability to call RPG, CL, and COBOL
- Ability call IBM i native resources such as Spool Files, Data Areas, and System Values
- Run interactive commands such as ‘wrkactjob’
- Designed to used a choice of transports including DB2, ODBC , and HTTP
- Compatibility wrapper to execute Easycom syntax
- More and better code samples
- Run SQL
- Inline transport (not requiring DB2 connection)
- Improve usability of the API
- Optimizations for larger data sets
- More (to be added to GitHub issues)
XMLSERVICE and the IBM i Toolkit are already shipped with Zend Server. But being open source they can also be downloaded, installed, and upgraded separately.
For more information and examples, please visit the wiki: https://github.com/zendtech/IbmiToolkit/wiki