I've rewritten Detached in Objective-C and it's now much easier to build and distribute!
Detached is a menu bar widget for the Mac that tells you about your hidden GNU Screen sessions and lets you attach to them using Terminal. It's designed for users of GNU Screen who want a quick way to get to detached sessions.
Recently I've also started adding support for tmux, but this is very incomplete and not on par with screen.
- Displays all running screen and tmux sessions
- Allows quick access to detached sessions
- Automatically keeps session list up to date using FSEvent
- Icon state tells you whether any sessions are currently detached
- Easily create new screen sessions
- Attach into a Terminal tab or window
- automatic refresh is delayed for sessions created without the widget after startup/update
- when Terminal is started by Detached, an extra window (or tab) is created
- tmux sessions do not update automatically
In no particular order:
- warn about active screen sessions on shutdown
- application icon
- allow user to monitor/attach remote sessions over SSH
- allow user to force reattachment ?
The project files are XCode 3.2.5.
In order to use the FSEvents API with MacRuby I needed to install BridgeSupport 2.0 Preview 2.
Tips for using GNU Screen
If you're only using one screen per tab/window, you can enable touchpad/mouse scrolling functionality by adding this to your .screenrc:
# Make xterm scrolling work properly with screen. termcapinfo xterm-color|xterm|xterms|xs|rxvt ti@:te@
Due to the way scrollback works in Terminal, this method fails if you switch between screens in a single Terminal window.
Copyright 2011 by Zack Hobson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, see LICENSE for details.