This repository contains all public cookbooks from ZenOps. Additionally various scripts, rake tasks and documentation is available.
The repository uses RVM and Bundler to manage ruby and dependencies required by Chef. To start your own copy of this repository clone the repository first and bootstrap your local rvm environment:
git clone https://github.com/zenops/cookbooks chef cd chef ./scripts/bootstrap
This repository contains several directories, and each directory contains a README file that describes what it is for in greater detail, and how to use it for managing your systems with Chef.
- This directory contains an OpenSSL Certificate Authority. It is managed with rake tasks and provides seamless deployments of inter-node trust and public SSL certificates on chef nodes.
- Miscellaneous configuration files for Chef, OpenSSL and others.
- This directory contains all public cookbooks and recipes.
- This directory contains site-specific databags (simple JSON dictionaries uploaded to the Chef server).
- Contains one file per node that is managed with chef.
- Contains roles that can be applied to nodes.
- A collection of scripts that can be used for daily administration tasks.
- This directory contains site-specific cookbooks and recipes. This is the place where you can add recipes specific to your infrastructure.
- Contains all available rake tasks.