This ZenPack provides a mechanism to gather information from the Puppet master about Puppet clients. Information about the Puppet system can be found at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/
The Puppet modeling plugin provides components that represent the Puppet clients.
The Processes list is also updated with information about the Puppet (master and client) processes.
A JSON API for importing and exporting zenbatchload format configuration files is available:
The methods available are:
- Export out the list of devices, and the complete listing of acquired and local zproperties.
- Import a zenbatchload file.
|Product||Zenoss 4.1.1 or higher|
|Other dependencies||The zenoss.rb integration requires the following Ruby gems: * httpclient * json|
Once a Puppet master has been identificed, follow this procedure:
- Navigate to a device.
- Click on the Modeler Plugins link.
- Ensure that the modeler plugin zenoss.cmd.Puppet is selected.
- Click on the Save button.
- Create a new user with Manager privileges specifically for Puppet.
- Update the bin/getDeviceExport.sh script (or the bin/getDeviceExport-ssl.sh script if using SSL) to use the new credentials.
- Run the exportDevices.sh script to verify the router/facade pair is working.
- Update the zenoss.rb calls to include the new credentials.
This usually indicates a credentials issue. Please verify the username and password combinations.
Install the ZenPack via the command line and restart Zenoss:
zenpack --install ZenPacks.zenoss.Puppet-1.0.0-py2.7.egg zenoss restart``
To remove the ZenPack, use the following commands:
zenpack --erase ZenPacks.zenoss.Puppet zenoss restart