Soaplib is an easy to use python library for publishing soap web services using WSDL 1.1 standard, and answering SOAP 1.1 requests. With a very small amount of code, soaplib allows you to write a useful web service and deploy it as a WSGI application.
The official soaplib discussion forum can be found here.
See the downloads section for related downloads.
- Deploy services as WSGI applications
- Handles all xml (de)serialization
- On-demand WSDL generation
- Powerful customization features to support many use-cases
- Doesn't get in your way!!!
- Python 2.4 through 2.7 (looking for volunteers to test Python 3.x)
- A WSGI-compliant web server (CherryPy, WSGIUtils, Twisted, etc.)
- lxml (available through easy_install)
- pytz (available through easy_install)
Soaplib services can be deployed as WSGI applications, in any WSGI-compliant web server. See the examples directory in the source distribution for deployment examples. Soaplib services have been successfully run on the following web servers:
- CherryPy 2.2
- twisted.web (8.2, 9.0)
- WSGIUtils 0.9
- Most examples and tests require Python 2.5 or greater
- Twisted is required for
- To run automated tests, see instructions under test/README