Please sign in to comment.
doc: unify documentation on setting environment variables
There are a few different places where alternatives for setting environment variables are described. None of them is 100% complete, so the results are likely to be confusing. Make a single page on setting environment variables, how the zephyrrc files work, how the zephyr-env scripts work, and some of the important environment variables, with appropriate references elsewhere. (This is inspired by the Arch wiki's excellent page on installing programs.) Link to it from the getting started and application development pages instead of repeating the information. This has the benefit of shortening the getting started guide a bit more. Add some concrete advice on checking the toolchain environment variables in particular. This is a stumbling block for beginners. Signed-off-by: Marti Bolivar <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 248 additions and 73 deletions.
- +13 −11 doc/application/index.rst
- +8 −16 doc/getting_started/index.rst
- +6 −5 doc/getting_started/installation_linux.rst
- +36 −22 doc/getting_started/toolchain_3rd_party_x_compilers.rst
- +18 −14 doc/getting_started/toolchain_custom_cmake.rst
- +9 −5 doc/getting_started/toolchain_other_x_compilers.rst
- +157 −0 doc/guides/env_vars.rst
- +1 −0 doc/guides/index.rst
Oops, something went wrong.