AutobahnAndroid implements The WebSocket Protocol and The WebSocket Application Messaging Protocol (WAMP):
- library for WebSocket and WAMP clients
- implements WebSocket RFC6455, Draft Hybi-10+ and WAMP v1
- works on Android 2.2+
- very good standards conformance
- high-performance asynchronous design
- easy to use API
- seamless integration in Android UI apps
- no (really none) network activity on UI thread
- Open-source (Apache 2 license)
You can use AutobahnAndroid to create native Android apps talking to WebSocket servers or any WAMP compatible server.
Using WAMP you can build applications around asynchronous RPC and PubSub messaging patterns.
Where to go
For more information, including getting started, tutorials and reference documentation, please visit the project's homepage, or check out the demos in this repository.
Get in touch
Get in touch on IRC #autobahn on chat.freenode.net or join the mailing list.