Y'know, that stuff from heaven.
daerb is a parser for various card checklist/spoiler sites to create visualizations of how cards have progressed over time as well as their breakdown by various attributes.
Please be friendly to any source websites and don't hammer them, this is a tool used for my own bemusement and curiosity in how different card games are structured.
magiccardinfo parser has 3 segments.
download_all_pages.rb: Downloads all the sets from the US language section. Run this just once, and you get a local copy to work with.
gather_all_cards.rb: Parse through local set pages for all cards and turn them into an array
And not required:
image_downloader.rb: Parse through local set pages to retrieve images (Will download a LOT of images so be warned)
- Track cards that were removed and then added back in a large timeline graph
- Graph power and numbers of various types and subtypes over each release
- TUI based interface or simple choice launcher
- Idempotent downloader using cache date values if possible
- Export/Load from external JSON/DB source after parsing
- Add sources for years and starter decks (MTG)
- Add sources for other card games (TNG, BattleTech, Netrunner)