Jekyll Serif Theme
Serif is a modern business theme for Jekyll. It contains multiple content types for a typical business website. The theme is fully responsive, blazing fast and artfully illustrated.
- Jekyll 4.1
- Services (Collection)
- Team (Collection)
- Features (Data)
- Responsive design
- Bootstrap 4.3 grid and media queries only
- Responsive menu
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse speed score
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse seo score
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse accessibility score
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse best practices score
- Under 50KB without images or 80KB with images and illustrations
- Under 20KB without Google fonts
⚡ ⚡ ⚡
- Robust example content included
- Royalty free illustrations included
- Netlify & Github Pages ready
Installing Ruby & Jekyll
If this is your first time using Jekyll, please follow the Jekyll docs and make sure your local environment (including Ruby) is setup correctly.
Download or clone the theme.
To run the theme locally, navigate to the theme directory and run:
To start the Jekyll local development server.
bundle exec jekyll serve
To build the theme.
bundle exec jekyll build
Use Stackbit to deploy this theme. This theme contains a valid and tested
Use Netlify to deploy this theme. This theme contains a valid and tested
netlify.toml - Feel free to use the 1-click deploy below.
This theme has been tested to work with Github Pages (and Github Project Pages). When using Github Pages you will need to update the
baseurl in the
_config.yml otherwise all the css, images and paths will be broken.
For example the site https://zerostaticthemes.github.io/jekyll-serif-theme would have
- Beautiful royalty free Illustrations by Icons8 - https://icons8.com/illustrations/style--pixeltrue
This theme is open source under the MIT license. Please be respectful 🙏🏽
- If you fork or copy this theme please leave me as an original author in the LICENSE file on line 3 where I am listed as the author.
- Please don't create ports of this theme without at least asking me. Yes this theme is open-source but I've had several people "port" this theme (with only minor changes) and then advertise the theme as their own. Then they don't update it and it starts to get old and break etc. Now lots of people are finding these old crappy versions of the theme.