(chai -code), n.
Chaicode lets you try out ideas quickly and live across devices [ no moar refreshes ].
You can simultaneously test your layout on a desktop, phone and tablet [ yay! ].
It is currently in its alpha stage and a lot of features are in the pipeline including collaborative coding.
You can currently demo it here.
Note: The live feature takes a little bit of time to load up on openshift, fyi.
PS: chaicode is partially built using chaicode [ we must go deeper! ].
- Install Node.js
- Install mongoDB for your OS
- Start the mongoDB server
- Navigate to the
chaicodedirectory via command line
- start the app by entering
npm startand hitting
For controlling some advanced features, take a look at
- Zen mode (hit F11 when in any region)
- CSSLint and JS Lint (using JSHint) added
- Code tidy up added
- jQuery support is built-in
- Ability to export your work as a single html file
- Ability to fork code into your own version of it
- Landing page for all present chais on the server [ Delete is still down. Will be fixing it soon. ]
- Run on your own system! [ No more internet required to mess with ideas. ]
- Ability to add resources via URIs
- Collaborative coding support
- User interface redesign (HELP!)
- Inline previews of things like colors, resources like images etc.
Code highlighting and prettyfyingDONE!
- Support for SASS, CoffeeScript, Jade and other popular engines
- Timeline of different chai recipes or versions of your code
- Ability to delete a particular chai
- User login support
- Landing page for all present chais on the server based on user
- Add chai embed functionality to let the user share his/her code
Things in bold are what I am working on currently.
PS: I could really use help with the UI design.