CIM 440 - Intro to Creative Coding - Fall Semester 2019
CIM440-34 Wolfson 3034 MoWe 12:20PM - 1:35PM
CIM440-P Wolfson 3040 TuTh 11:00AM - 12:15PM
Instructor -Zevensuy Rodriguez
- Email: email@example.com
- Office UM School of Communication Francis L. Wolfson Building 2nd Fl Room 2014
- Office Hours
- To sign up for office hours please visit https://calendly.com/zevenrodriguez
All Assignments to be submitted through Microsoft Teams
Week 1 - Introduction to Creative Coding and Getting Started p5js
Week 2 - Github and Basic Drawing
Create a character or piece of art using shapes.
- Use 5 different variables to represent position, color (10 points)
- mouseX and mouseY
- if statement
Using your character or piece of art add 2 methods of interaction, Use any of the interactive methods we used in class
- if elseif else
Use 4 images to create a 4 page storybook or add 4 buttons to the coloring book example. Must use 4 buttons or hit-zones to interact with your application.
In Class Challenge - Show and Hide a shape
Use buttons or hitzones to show and hide a shape.
Week 6 - Animation and Push/Pop
- Layout/Create a sketch for your Midterm
- Being laying out your inputs, outputs, and assets
Write a one paragraph proposal explaining your midterm project. Include what assets and interactions you want to include i.e.
- A bunch of puppies (background image)
- A rain animation
- When the user clicks on a box, it shows my character.
- When the user hovers over an area, the background color changes.
Make a creative sketch. Make a interactive sketch with 4 points of interaction. For example, you can make an interactive world or application.
- Create a readme with a brief title and explanation (HW 6)
- In your sketch, include a title and instruction (3 Points)
- background image or design (2 Points)
- Use one of the following (3 Points)
- 4 points of Interaction (12 Points - 3 Points each)
- Note: You do not have to use all interactions below, but you must have 5 interactions points
- mouseX mouseY
Week 9 - Spring Break
Week 10 – Functions and Objects
Week 11 – Working with Libraries
Week 12 – Final Project Ideation workshop
Week 13 – Final Project idea presentation
- 5 Slide presentation