Please sign in to comment.
Remove races from scrub / resilver tests
Currently, several tests in the ZFS Test Suite that attempt to test scrub and resilver behavior occasionally fail. A big reason for this is that these tests use a combination of zinject and zfs_scan_vdev_limit to attempt to slow these operations enough to verify their test commands. This method works most of the time, but provides no guarantees and leads to flaky behavior. This patch adds a new tunable, zfs_scan_disable_progress, that ensures that scans make no progress, guaranteeing that tests can be run without racing. Signed-off-by: Tom Caputi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 59 additions and 57 deletions.
- +11 −0 man/man5/zfs-module-parameters.5
- +24 −0 module/zfs/dsl_scan.c
- +5 −11 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_import/import_cachefile_device_replaced.ksh
- +4 −13 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_resilver/zpool_resilver_restart.ksh
- +0 −1 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_scrub/cleanup.ksh
- +2 −9 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_scrub/zpool_scrub_002_pos.ksh
- +2 −6 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_scrub/zpool_scrub_003_pos.ksh
- +5 −6 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_scrub/zpool_scrub_004_pos.ksh
- +6 −11 tests/zfs-tests/tests/functional/cli_root/zpool_split/zpool_split_resilver.ksh