No longer supported
This project is no longer supported as I am no longer using Chromium OS on a daily basis. If you tried the installer and it is not working for you, chances are that I could not get it working either on your specific setup. Your best bet is to look at the original solution that inspired this project and try to make it work manually.
If you can help solve some of those issues, pull requests are welcome.
Configure Synaptics/ALPS/ElanTech touchpad for Chromiums OS
Using the latest Chromium OS build seems to fix the alignment issue. To get ArnoldTheBat's latest build, you can go to here.
As the vanilla Chromium OS builds defaults to the "cmt" driver, on many laptops the touchpad won't work out of box. This script configures Synaptics/ALPS/Elantech touchpad for your Chromium OS. The script can detect which brand the touchpad you have and install the proper configuration.
Credit goes to ArnoldTheBat as he published the solution here. This script automates the configuration process and (hopefully) installs more generic configurations.
First you need to get shell access:
Ctrl + Alt + F2(You can press
Ctrl + Alt + F1to come back).
- Enter username
- Enter password
facepunchfor Hexxeh builds or
passwordfor ArnoldTheBat builds.
Or, if your Chromium OS is in developer mode, you can access shell through:
Ctrl + Alt + T. This will launch "crosh" in a new tab.
shellin "crosh". If you get an error message, it is likely because the Chromium OS is not in developer mode.
Now you need to become a root user:
- Enter the above password again.
Run the following as root user:
wget -qO- http://goo.gl/1VWycc | sh
Then reboot, and enjoy your touchpad.
- The configuration files used here are compiled from the Synaptics Touchpad - Gentoo Linux Wiki.
- There are also other places giving example configurations, for example Touchpad Synaptics - ArchWiki and SynapticsTouchpad - Debian Wiki. You can try them to see if it works on your computer.
- The offical documentation for the configuration is in Synaptics man page
- Please feel free to fork this project and tweak it. If you have a better configuration, create a pull request.
- For questions/suggestions, please use the GitHub Issues.