vicco is microblogging software in PHP. It’s named after Vicco von Bülow.
- Blisteringly fast
- Web interface
- Text formatting
- Semantic HTML5 (microdata)
- Atom feed (broken)
- Hackers — It’s easy to customize, so you can do what you want.
- Hipsters — It’s crappy, so you can use it as a joke and feel ironic.
- A web server with PHP
- Change the config variables in
- Upload it to your server and make the directory writable.
- Open it in your browser.
- It should work.
There is some Markdown-inspired formatting. No block elements, though.
||https://example.org / title|
Are there any dependencies? Should I use Composer?
What the fuck? This is literally one PHP file.
Given that you released PHP software, you know how to write PHP, right?
Haha, no. Basically, I stole this script with (kind of) permission and made it worse.
Uh … well, follow-up question: Is vicco secure?
Probably not. Please use SSL/TLS!
I’m a huge fan of your blog, but I get the creeps from the PHP code.
- Security stuff
- Fix Atom feed
- Truncate posts for feed title/summary
- Fix navigation